Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Miraculous Life

It's been awhile since I posted anything and today's particular post is something that I was reminded of this morning.  It is a story that many close friends and others have heard but I wanted to put it down here because it is an important story in my life and deserves to be put out there.

My partner and I have been married for 16 years this August.  A couple of years after we were wed we decided to try and have children.  After many months of nothing happening we went to the doctor and were put through the usual gamut of tests.  Ultimately, my partner was diagnosed with a condition known as Poly-Cystic Ovary Disease.  What this meant, according to the doctors, was that we would never have children naturally.  We were a bit devastated but not without hope as we could get treatments done to get pregnant.  Unfortunately, those treatments are expensive.  As is adoption which was are next avenue of thought.  It seemed we were destined to not have children.

However, as the years went by we sought second and third opinions.  There were many tears as doctors insulted my partner, blamed her for the situation and as we sought to figure out how to afford something like the treatments.  It was a tough number of years, yet we never seemed to give up the idea of children completely.

Finally, life took a turn for us as I left full-time work to go back to school and my partner started a new job.  These changes got us thinking that maybe we should just go for the treatments.  We would do what we had to to pay for them, even if I had to go back to work.  So, back to yet another clinic to look into beginning fertility treatments, cost be damned.

In our fifteenth year of marriage we were about to start treatments when my partner called me the day we were to begin with the news that she was pregnant.  You could have bowled us over with feathers.  After years of being told we could not have children naturally, it happened . . . naturally.

This morning as I was watching my 9 month old daughter play on the floor I was just reminded of this story and how amazing the God I serve is.  I smiled as she crawled around on the floor and tried the beginnings of words (mainly gibberish, but the most beautiful sound in the world, let me tell you).  She is my joy.  I took a quiet moment to say a quick prayer of thanks to my God because, while He loved us so much to send His Son to die for us, He also loves us enough to send a beautiful child into our lives.  My daughter will forever remind me of the miraculous nature of my God and I am so thankful to Him for that and for her.

This story is important to be told.  It reminds me of what my God is capable of.  Many will say that it is a coincidence how everything happened, but my partner, family and I know better.  My daughter is a gift straight from God, a miracle.  Proof that the God I serve still performs miracles in this modern day and age.  My hope is that those reading this will be encouraged.  Maybe you are struggling with something, wondering if God is there, or if a miracle can come your way.  Don't give up hope.  His timing is always perfect and His plan is perfect and He will see you through.

Maybe there are those reading this who don't know this God of which I speak.  If not then I would love to answer any questions you may have.  I don't have all the answers but I do know He is there and waiting to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment